Thursday, October 13, 2016

ELA: Metaphors Can Be A lot of Fun!

In your Writer's Notebook, try out this strategy for playing with descriptive and figurative language.  Write a response to each statement:

1.  If I were a plant, I would be a ___________________________ because_____________________________________________________________________.

2.   If I were a animal, I would be a ___________________________ because_____________________________________________________________________.

3.  If I were a body of water, I would be a ___________________________ because_____________________________________________________________________.

4.   If I were weather, I would be a ___________________________ because_____________________________________________________________________.

5.   If I were an article of clothing, I would be a ___________________________ because_____________________________________________________________________.

6 comments:

  1. If I were an article of clothing I would be a one piece bathing suit, a red one! I like hot weather and red is hot color. And if I could, I would live in warm climate where the ocean water temps are balmy and wonderful. I like being underwater because I like the world of silence and light and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were weather, I would be a storm because no one likes me. :(
    '
    '
    '

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats to deep for me bra!!! -zeke-

      Delete
  5. if I were a body of water, I would be the ocean. Because thats the color I turn when I hold my breath!! :D -zeke-

    ReplyDelete