- 5-7 sentences
- Begin with a strong topic sentence like or similar to this one: This healthy living topic is one I know something about. Let me tell you a story about this very topic...
- Insert this new paragraph into your speech at it's beginning, right AFTER your intro paragraph. Due Tuesday!!
3. Play this game to review simile and metaphor: http://kmott.wikispaces.com/Fling+the+Teacher+Simile+and+Metaphor
4. If you need more help understanding sensory language, here are 3 more vids: http://www.watchknowlearn.org/Category.aspx?CategoryID=5665
- Now...find one place in your speech where you can lift a sentence which is not interesting because it "shows." Revise this sentence to SHOW.
- Repeat: Revise your speech as much as you can to include the use of imagery and sensory detail.
- Pass this revised section of your speech in for teacher feedback. Due Tuesday!!